22 lessons of 2022

I feel like this year has been full of action for everyone. Jeez if December Carmen would be able to talk with January Carmen, I think the latter might not believe her.

2022 was full of laughs, love, freedom, but also hard work, self-doubt, pain and tough lessons to learn.

I’m not disappointed or sad though. I had some pretty hard times this year, but as I am writing these lines I’m more grateful for them, because I’ve never ever felt this powerful. Powerful in a way that, if I managed to get through this year and learn from my mistakes it means two things: 1, I can truly trust myself that no matter what happens, I will come back 2, I’m so many steps further in my journey then I ever thought I would be.

So I thought it would be a great idea not just to share with you the lessons I’ve learnt this year, but this is also a reminder for myself to never make the same mistakes in the future.

These are mostly just thoughts and I won’t talk about them further, because I hope you might find a piece of advice here that will help you in 2023.

22 lessons of 2022:

1. Your parents gave you a life, but that doesn’t mean they own it

2. It’s okay to be different than your family

3. No one will work for your dreams, but you

4. You might have the 70% for success but don’t be afraid to ask for help with the other 30%

5. Your current friends might not be in your life from a year from now

6. Having a goal will make life so much more easier

7. Communication is one of the most important skill you will ever need

8. There is a life outside of the school system (and it’s not a bad one)

9. Long-term goals give you an idea of the future, short-term goals will help you live it

10. Help will find those who seek it

11. Deep conversations are the most unbreakable connections between people

12. People will think you are insane at times, because your reality is different, but it doesn’t mean you have to be embarrassed about who you are

13. If you call something a different name, it still won’t change the facts

14. Don’t always think about the future. Live in the moment occasionally, because we have time to do the all the great things we promised ourselves

15. Don’t forget to be young and foolish while being hardworking and ambitious

16. There are lessons you need to learn throughout your life, and pain is the best teacher

17. Never ever give up your dreams for a person

18. Never ever give up your dreams

19. If you start working on yourself (mentally or physically) your confidence will rise

20. Spend time with yourself

21. There are people in your life who truly want to see your best self

22. Make your past self proud of what they are going to become in your present.

I don’t know exactly what 2023 holds for us, but I’m sure there are going to be ups and downs, new lessons to learn, new memories to make, new projects to create.

And you know what?

I can’t wait for the good nor the bad, because that what makes me feel alive, and there is no better feeling than that.

Leave a Reply