Last year I wrote a blog post about date ideas for couples, but since then I became a proud representative of a single (but obviously a strong and independent) lady.
In the last couple of months I’ve been focusing on myself, trying to get comfortable with myself again and while it has been a hard journey, because so many things changed in my life in the last six months, I managed to experience some great things too.
That is also the reason why I decided to write a blog post about some activity ideas that would not only be great for a date, but also helps you to reconnect with yourself, teaches you on how to spend time alone and just overall getting along with you again.
I’m doing the same thing right now and while it can feel pretty lonely first it will get better and soon you will start to appreciate again this precious moments. But we all have to be patient with ourselves.
- Go for a walk at night (if it’s safe)
- Pretend to be a tourist in your city and discover some tourist destiantions
- Try a new coffee shop
- Get a take out and eat it somewhere nice
- Go to a SPA alone
- Have an at home SPA day
- Try a new form of sport (wall climbing, squash, dancing, cycling)
- Create art (even if you think you are bad at it)
- Learn about a topic
- Try out a game
- Have a movie marathon
- Go to the cinema
- Go shopping
- Attend a concert
- Get a massage
- Decorate a room
- Rearrange a room
- Go for a hike
- Do a Dopamine Detox (upcoming blog post)
- Enjoy some silence (I promise it’s powerful)
- Do something out of your comfortzone
- Get back to a hobby you used to do
- Go through some memories
- Do a solo travel
- Look up an exhibition in your area
- Dine out
- Finally do something you’ve been constantly delaying
- Play or learn the basics of an instrument
- Go to theatre
- Do a self-photoshoot
Happy Valentine’s day to everyone! For singles and takens both. This world needs much more love and so how about we start it with ourselves? I hope I managed to give you some ideas and hopefully you will treat yourself with something special. You deserve it.